Sunday, October 20, 2013

Gender- Equal Does Not Mean Identical


This weeks discussion was on gender and the roles that we play. I think it is an extremely important and relevant topic for us to cover. We have been told that our gender is an eternal part of who we are. I firmly believe that. I think it is vital that we understand that. Our Heavenly Father has created us so in such a divine way, that we are naturally unhappy when we cannot fulfill these roles. I think if we cannot understand our work and mission that we are doomed to a life filled with unhappiness and doubt. It creates a disequilibrium so to speak. I know because I have experienced this. As I began to enter my late teen years I began to place more important things above my role as a wife and mother. In many ways I did not want to be a mother. I loved children, but I wanted to have a career and motherhood just seemed very distant. In many ways I feel that I lacked the ability to be a good mother. I had seen many bad examples growing up, even within my own family and felt that I was destined to become like them. As my faith in Jesus Christ grew so did my confidence in my ability to have a happy home. Family is truly a faith based work. It takes faith to be able to create families and to be a mother. I am grateful for the knowledge of my divine role. It creates so much joy and happiness in my life to know that I am on the right course.
`

No comments:

Post a Comment